We want to extend a very sincere THANK YOU to our supporters (YOU) for making 2010 a great year for Afflicted War Heroes. AWH began in March with a goal to raise $11,000 and we raised over $12,000. We wanted to provide 50 care packages valued at $50 each and we were able to put $100 worth of goods in them. We wanted to deliver them to our injured troops bedside at Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC) over Veterans Day and we did just that. We were able to provide Christmas gifts to six children from three military families in need with our Sub for Santa Program.
2011 is a new year for Afflicted War Heroes! We are very excited and busy planning events that will allow us to provide much needed services and support more American heroes. Our primary goal for 2011 is to provide travel accommodations to injured heroes and their families during recovery. This service will enable our heroes to have the love and support of home while they receive care in a hospital across the country. We will continue to provide care packages to wounded troops upon their arrival at hospitals in the US and Germany as well as raise awareness throughout the nation, starting with our own communities.
In order to accomplish these goals, we are planning several fundraising events (listed below) beginning with our Kickoff dinner on March 3, 2011.
- Kickoff dinner: March 3, 2011 @ 6:30pm. Madeline’s Steakhouse: 1133 W. South Jordan Parkway (10600 South) South Jordan. Tickets are $40 per person or $75 per couple. (tickets available for purchase now or at the door)
- Garage Sale: April 23, 2011. Please start gathering your junk and we will post a drop off location or make arrangements to pick up your items in April.
- Mother’s Day event: May 8, 2011 we plan to surprise 2 of our injured heroes Mom’s with a visit to see their son/daughter in the hospital complete with a catered dinner bedside.
- 2nd annual 5k/10k fundraiser: June 4, 2011 @ 8:00am. 10967 S. River Front Parkway, South Jordan.
- AWH 2nd annual golf tournament at Sleepy Ridge on September 10, 2011 at 1:00pm.
There are several levels of sponsorship, including corporate support sponsorships, logos on team shirts, corporate banners at all events, and more. Your support will help provide resources for injured military members and their families who have dedicated their lives to protecting our freedoms.
Event registration is now available online at www.afflictedwarheroes.org. Click on the events page to register. If you are interested in attending, volunteering, or donating for any of the events listed above, please contact us at email@example.com or visit our website at www.afflictedwarheroes.org.
Again, Afflicted War Heroes would like to thank all of our 2010 supporters. The charitable acts and kind deeds from those who offered their talents, time, donations, and other resources have been truly inspiring. Our mission is far from over and we humbly request your continued support. United, we can accomplish great things.
Afflicted War Hereos